Date:Sunday October 21 2007
No loans on the Horizon
Steve Cotterill has scotched any hopes we might be seeing some new faces at the Turf on loan this year.
'We tried to get two loans, but they didn't want to come to us and have moved to other clubs in the Championship,' the Clarets boss said.
'That was that really. We can't bring those two in.
'They would have been good ones to bring in because they would have made us stronger, but I wouldn't bring anybody in just for numbers, we have enough numbers, but their quality would have been helpful.
'There's nothing else better that we can have at this moment in time.
'We've looked everywhere, but there's nothing else we can get that's better or affordable.
'The money that is being paid out in this league is absolutely astronomical, it's kicked on another base from last year.
Garreth O'Connor returned to Turf Moor recently after his loan spell at his former club, Bournemouth. He had hoped to make an impression down on the south coast but he was plagued by injuries and it never quite happened for him.During the three-month loan spell at Dean Court, he made only nine appearances.
The midfielder, clearly down and disappointed had this to say about his return
'It's been a big disappointment. The manager brought me in thinking I could perform as I had when I was here before, but it just didn't happen.
'I was excited when I found out that Bournemouth wanted me. I was looking forward to coming back but I didn't do the business. There are a number of reasons, but mainly fitness. I think I've had more injuries in the past three months than I had in all the time I was there before.
'I hadn't played for a while when I first came back but didn't think it would affect me that much because I was still training well and keeping myself fit.
'But it's been physical rather than mental. We had a bad start and although it wasn't entirely my fault, I will take my share of the blame.'
O'Connor will now be hoping he can catch the eye of the gaffer again and secure a new contract having been transfer-listed in the Summer.
As reported on Vital Burnley FC, rumours were rife that WBA may be willing to release our former midfielder, Richard Chaplow fuelling speculation that the Clarets may be tempted to bring the local lad and Clarets fan back to Turf Moor on loan with a view to a permanent deal. Stoke City and Wigan were also reported to be strongly interested. However the Baggies scotched all the rumours when Tony Mowbray's second in command, Mark Venus said the following to the local media:
'Richard is part of the squad like everyone else.
'Whether he's open to offers is down to the manager. But who isn't open to offers? Diomansy Kamara was open to offers, so was Jason Koumas. That's football.
'But I can say Richard is not on the transfer list and isn't being touted around as available.
'He certainly hasn't been put around as if we're open to offers.'
Date:Sunday October 21 2007
Humiliating Horror Show at the Hawthorns! (Tuesday September 30 2014)
Baggies a Burnley Win? (Saturday September 27 2014)
Burnley Do Not Score But Also Do Not Concede! (Tuesday September 23 2014)
Burnley Eye First Win In Sunderland Game! (Friday September 19 2014)
Point at Palace but Penalty Paid! (Monday September 15 2014)
Clarets Target Crystal Clear at Palace! (Thursday September 11 2014)
Cisak and Conlan in Two New Deals for Clarets (Tuesday September 9 2014)
Burnley X-Files: Old Loans, New Clubs! (Tuesday September 9 2014)
Just the Ticket-Gunning for Pre-Sale at Emirates! (Tuesday September 9 2014)
Would Coyle Like Tangerines? (Monday September 8 2014)
|16. Hull City||6||1||3||2||-2||6|
» Spurs : 30/09/2014 14:25:00
|The Villa Times - 30/09/2014
» Aston Villa : 30/09/2014 14:25:00
» Man Utd : 30/09/2014 13:02:00
|A Contented Mourinho!
» Chelsea : 30/09/2014 12:59:00
|Last Man Standing!
» Chelsea : 30/09/2014 12:58:00