Date:Sunday June 24 2007
Wolves kept at bay: Kyle Lafferty
Wolves made a bid for Irish International, Kyle Lafferty this week but they were told in no uncertain terms by Bary Kilby that the 19 year old striker was not for sale.
Barry was quoted as saying the following on the Official Site:
'I had an in initial chat with (Wolves' Chief Executive) Jez Moxey last week when they first expressed an interest and we told them he was not for sale.
'Today, Wolves have made an official offer for the player, which we have rejected immediately.
'Kyle is very much a part of our plans for the future and I reiterate that he is not for sale.'
The transfer fee offered was not disclosed but speculation suggests a figure of about £1 million may have been turned down.
The Clarets certainly seem to be sticking to their guns. This is now the second official transfer bid to be turned down, with Celtic being shown the door in the January transfer window last season after putting in a miserly offer of only £500,000.
'Its Benfica not Burnley?': Djemba-Djemba
Its looking less and less likely that the Clarets will be able to retain the services of midfielder, Eric Djemba-Djemba. Steve Cotterill had hoped to convince Aston Villa to release Eric on a season long loan but it now looks likely that the Midlands club will be looking for a cash offer with Portuguese club, Benfica looking like the stronger candidate. It is understood they have offered £700,000 for the Cameroon International. Local rivals, Birmingham are also thought to be interested.
The gaffer said to the the Burnley Express
'With Eric, we will leave it as late as possible, we will leave a window open there, but we won't know what work he will have done in pre-season then.
'We would have wanted to have him in with the rest of the lads for pre-season if we were going to have him on a longer-term loan, but I don't see that one happening at the moment.'
Not looking good,is it? Eric was a firm favourite with the Clarets fans last season and put in many awesome performances whilst receiving a truckload of 'Man of the Match' awards!
The Carlisle Train from Watford is not stopping at Burnley!-Clark Carlisle
Steve Cotterill formly denied any interest in Watford defender, Clark Carlisle after it was reported that the Clarets had put in a £300,000 offer for the 27 year old,former Blackpool,QPR and Leeds player.
Date:Sunday June 24 2007
Weekly Rumour Mill- Sighs then Hooiveld and Keogh! (Friday August 29 2014)
United and Dreams of Deja Vu for Burnley Fans! (Friday August 29 2014)
No Hoot for Clarets against Owls! (Wednesday August 27 2014)
Rumour Mill Update-Davies Marks the Spot? (Tuesday August 26 2014)
High-Flyers, Swans and now Owls! (Tuesday August 26 2014)
Good Show at Swansea but No Points! (Sunday August 24 2014)
Weekly Rumour Mill- McGugan Linked (Sunday August 24 2014)
Clarets International-Call-Up A Ward for Stephen! (Sunday August 24 2014)
Luke, A Man of Iron! (Sunday August 24 2014)
Mourinho Praises Ginger Version After Our 3-1 Loss (Saturday August 23 2014)
|16. Leicester City||2||0||1||1||-2||1|
|18. Crystal Palace||2||0||0||2||-3||0|
|Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool
» Spurs : 30/08/2014 06:00:00
|Revelry and Worry
» Spurs : 29/08/2014 20:00:00
|Fernando Torres Departure Confirmed
» Chelsea : 29/08/2014 19:51:00
|Weekly Rumour Mill- Sighs then Hooiveld and Keogh!
» Burnley : 29/08/2014 19:38:00
» Spurs : 29/08/2014 19:30:00