Date:Friday January 6 2012
The Highways Agency have announced some road closures affecting the M1 over the weekend (7-8th January) that could affect the travel plans of Burnley fans travelling to the FA Cup Norwich City game at Carrow Road this Saturday.
Details have been provided by Burnley FC requesting that we advise fans of the proposed closures and alternatives.
The information from the Highways Agency reads as follows:
Information Notice - 157
Full Closure M6 / M1 interchange
(Catthorpe Viaduct)-Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th January, 2012
A part of the removal of an existing structure the Highways Agency will be closing an area around the Catthorpe Interchange over the weekend of the 7/8 January, 2012
The diagram above indicates the proposed strategic diversion routes to assist in the demolition of the existing structure, whilst maintaining a safe working area for those undertaking the work and removing the distraction value for passing motorists
Closures to be implemented
This work will require the full closure of:
*M1 Northbound between junctions 19 ( M6 North off slip ) and 20 ( including closure of the M1 Northbound on slip at junction 19 )
*M1 Southbound between junction 19 ( A14 off slip ) and 18
*M6 Southbound from the A14 off slip at M1 junction 19.
Closures will begin just before midnight on the 6th (Friday night) and could be in place until early afternoon on the 8th (Sunday), though we are planning for most closures to be lifted by midday
Access will be granted for emergency services should there be a problem within the work area. However access for emergency services passing through the site to other jobs will not be permitted for the duration of the closures.
Signed Diversion Routes:
• Traffic diverted off at M1 junction 19 and sign posted onto the M6/M69 to M1 junction 21
• M6 junction 1 would remain open but would not be signposted as a diversion route, due to carriageway capacity issues
• Traffic would be signposted off the M1 at junction 21 and follow the M69 - A46 - A45 - M45 diversion route to M1 junction 17
• M1 Southbound will remain open all the way down to M1 junction 19 (A14 off slip) to permit access to M1 junction 20 for local traffic
• Traffic failing to leave the M1 Southbound would have to leave the motorway at M1 junction 19 and then either join the A14 Eastbound or M6 Westbound
• Signs would be placed on the local roads stating "Access to Swinford/Catthorpe only"
• M6 traffic destined for the M1 Southbound would be signposted off at M6 junction 2 using A46/A45/M45 to M1 junction 17
• The M6 would remain open all the way up to M1 junction 19 (A14 off slip) for A14 Eastbound and local traffic
A14 Westbound to M1 Northbound
• A14 traffic heading towards M1 Northbound would be signposted onto the M6 Westbound and diverted via the M69 up to M1 junction 21
The Highways Agency will be delivering a major media campaign to advise motorists and organisations of the need to increase their planning in readiness for the weekend closure
Date:Friday January 6 2012
Burnley Eye First Win In Sunderland Game! (Friday September 19 2014)
Point at Palace but Penalty Paid! (Monday September 15 2014)
Clarets Target Crystal Clear at Palace! (Thursday September 11 2014)
Cisak and Conlan in Two New Deals for Clarets (Tuesday September 9 2014)
Burnley X-Files: Old Loans, New Clubs! (Tuesday September 9 2014)
Just the Ticket-Gunning for Pre-Sale at Emirates! (Tuesday September 9 2014)
Would Coyle Like Tangerines? (Monday September 8 2014)
Rumour Mill-Koby Arthur, Brum Brum! (Monday September 8 2014)
Just the Ticket-In the Foxes Lair! (Friday September 5 2014)
Dyche Names His 24! (Thursday September 4 2014)
|17. Crystal Palace||4||0||2||2||-3||2|
» Hull City : 20/09/2014 16:57:00
» Aston Villa : 20/09/2014 16:52:00
|West Ham v Liverpool - Team News
» West Ham : 20/09/2014 16:47:00
|Liverpool: West Ham United vs. LFC Team News
» Liverpool : 20/09/2014 16:37:00
|Wanted! A Leader Like Terry!
» Chelsea : 20/09/2014 15:13:00