Howe Admits To Two Unnamed Transfer Targets
With just a week to go of this year's January transfer window, it has been a quiet time for Burnley FC.
No new players have yet been brought into the club but in addition no players have left Turf Moor.
There have been obvious reasons for this following the sacking of Brian Laws last month, the time taken searching for a new manager and the appointment only last Sunday of new manager,Eddie Howe.
Howe has had little time to assess his new squad in a hectic week for the new gaffer but he does appear to be willing to strengthen in certain areas before the shutters finally come down on the January window.
Speaking after our live televised game against Scunthorpe at Glanford Park yesterday he told Sky Sports he had a couple of unnamed targets in mind but of course would not reveal their names.
When pushed to answer whether Charlie Austin, the Swindon striker was on his wish list, after a pause to think how to answer, he simply said 'no comment'
So who else could he have in mind?
We have been linked with Everton's James Vaughan (along with Celtic) but Howe has hinted that there has been no approach for the striker. In any case a FIFA technicality appears to have come to light that would prevent such a move.
He cannot play for 3 clubs this season so the only club he can be sold to is Palace.
Bournemouth have issued an hands-off warning fearful that their former gaffer could raid Dean Court and take some of their players to Turf Moor.
That has not stopped speculation though and we have been linked with a number of their players, most predominantly attacking midfielder and former Claret,Marc Pugh.
Goalkeeper Shwan Jalal, centre-back Jason Pearce and pacy winger Liam Feeney though could also be targets for Howe.
Could be an interesting week for all Clarets fans
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.