QPR sack Manager on Eve of Clash with Clarets
Sensationally today it has been announced that Queens Park Rangers have sacked Portuguese manager Paulo Sousa after just 26 games in charge, claiming he divulged sensitive information.
In a club statement, QPR said they took legal advice before acting to 'protect their position'
Sousa, 38, took charge in November, but won only seven games with the Rs stalling just below the play-off places.There are currently in 10th spot and look to have blown their play-offs hopes being alreday nine points behind Burnley in 6th.
Player coach Garth Ainsworth will take now charge of the side for the rest of the season and his first game in charge will be against the Clarets on Saturday.
All appears to be not well at QPR. Rangers chairman and co-owner Flavio Briatore has now had four managers and two caretakers over an 18 month period
Coach Bruno Oliveira also had his contract at Loftus Road terminated on Monday.
QPR fans had high hopes when their Italian chairman bought the club with a group of rich chums including Formula 1's car racing billionaire supremo Bernie Ecclestone in September 2007. But to date they have waived goodbye to Iain Dowie, John Gregory and Luigi de Canio before today's news that Sousa is the latest victim.
Sousa sounded fed up recently after being annoyed with the loss of Dextor Blackstock on loan to Nottingham Forest without his knowledge.
He said only last week:
'It is a decision for the board and only they can answer it. I'm not frustrated, I said from the first day I have to adapt and try to do my best with the players I have,'